Monday, December 7, 2009

Wish/Savings List/Goal

Materialism is very un-Christian-like since we should not invest in things of the earth but instead in heavenly things because what is here and now will tarnish and fade, but what is above will be perfect forever.

Every time a friend asks me what I want for birthday or Christmas, I'm always stumped. At that very moment, I can't think of anything I desire. It's weird. I don't know if I just have short-term memory loss or I'm too contented. Leeching off others is not an admirable characteristic so unless someone offers, I dare not ask.

I'm not soooo un-human that I don't like things. I mean I do, but I tend to forget, so for my brain's sake, I just wanted to jot down a couple of stuff I want to buy, not for you to go out and look for them, but for me to save up for them. Of course, your donations would be highly appreciated. hahaha I hope God doesn't hate me too much for wanting such things.

Let's start with the simple stuff...

1. Sunglasses
Aviator or other unique shades. Believe it or not, I don't own a single pair so I'm always borrowing others, be it JK or Rudolph. Oh, and shutter and other ridiculously useless shades are out of the question.

2. Brown or Black Leather Boots
1.5 inch heels or less and the cut should be around 3 inches above the ankle. Simple, cute, and versatile.

3. Lose a whole lot of weight
Au natural. Change eating habits and move more... cardio more. Ugh... anything but jogging. I need to lose a lot, and it's actually not some anorexic attempt. I just need to lower my BMI to normal levels. Sooooo unhealthy right now.

4. Black Leather Jacket
It keeps clothes interesting.

5. BB Gun
Whether it be a pistol or rifle, I don't mind. It would give me a (false) sense of security. A real gun is too expensive and dangerous. Maybe next time.

6. LiveStrong band
Lance Armstrong's band represent those battling cancer. Many people wearing it probably don't even know what it stands for. They just bought it because it was part of some fadding fad. I want to buy one because it's actually related to what I do, and that band would help remind me who would benefit from that research. That the long nights in the lab weren't for a hopeless cause.

7. Condo
I love living in the South. Like Pastor Nathan said, there's a breeze here, and I love the serenity living here brings. You breathe less polluted air, and it's far from the extreme hustle and bustle that the "city" brings. It's relatively safer since I live in a village within a village, but the travel time from UP to my house is unbearable especially since I have to commute. Sometimes I leave school at 9 and get home at nearly midnight, so I want to get a condo or apartment somewhere in Makati or Ortigas, so it's somehow equidistant from UP and home. Either that or temporarily live in a condo/dorm in Diliman. But the Makati confo is my goal. That and a house here in the South, so I can come home every weekend and enjoy the wondrous joy living here brings.

8. Car
A Lamborghini or Ferrari would be my total dream, but that might be too "maluho", so on to my next dream, Chevrolet Camaro (decked out Bumblebee-style) or Mazda MX-5. *drools* This worldliness is getting to me. LOL Actually, for starters, I just want a simple car that can run, is very fuel-efficient or non-fuel dependent at all (all for the green revolution), and has a functional radio and air-con. I'd need this when I travel from north to south during weekends. haha

9. Laser
Hair removal. Waxing and plucking are such hassles. LOL Sorry, I'm so disgusting. :))

10. Bleach
My arms have suffered years of sun-exposure due to all the outdoorsy studies and semi-hikes being a Biology undergrad student brings, so my arms (and legs - slight haha) have be brutally sacrificed. The color of my appendages are 4 shades darker than my back. o.o Fine, I need to lighten my face too. First line of defense ba naman sa sun. :|

11. Chromosome 1 Shirt
It's being offered by Science.org and I want it sooooo bad. My geekiness is calling out to it. The shirt's like more than 1000php plus shipping so I can't exactly afford it, and it wouldn't be right to spend so much on just a shirt, so if someone happens to be in the US and find it, um.. gift? hahahaha

12. Marshmallow berret
It's being offered by someone on multiply. It's so kawaii. White bow and everything.

13. Donate 1M
That's something I kinda got from my dad. I guess he's not all that bad. He used to say that he wished that someday he could write a check of that amount to donate, whether it be a church, ministry, or street children. He hasn't done it yet, but it has become my goal too. And not just that, I want to have a sacrificaly generous heart that would be able to give anytime anyone had the need. I haven't been that giving yet, and I'm hoping God would help me be that way someday, especially when I'm earning much more than I am today. I pray that my heart not be filled with greed, but that as my blessings increase, so do my givings.


1 comment:

  1. "5. BB Gun
    Whether it be a pistol or rifle, I don't mind. It would give me a (false) sense of security. A real gun is too expensive and dangerous. Maybe next time."

    does this have something to do with my advice about those noisy, horny cats? :D

    ReplyDelete