Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Basic MRT Etiquette for Retards I

I was supposed to write "..for Dummies", but I realized that the people who don't have the common sense to get these kind of stuff in the first place are not worthy of the label "dummy". Calling them dummies would be a too much of a complement.

I've managed to master the art of MRT, and noticed some simple things people there don't have the decency to do. Most of my friends would argue that I lack common sense (ha ha. laugh it off, doy), but even I get these stuff. More so you guys.

Basic MRT etiquette NUMERO UNO:
When on the station's platform and the MRT arrives, please brace yourselves. As the automated doors open, please have the decency to set aside your savagely instincts and resist the urge to attack the efflux of exiting passengers. I'll give you one major reason why...

Passengers exiting the MRT have a certain destination, naturally. Unless, you're an MRT squatter or "adventurer". They only get off on a particular station, and once they miss their stop, they would have to wait until Taft (Shaw or Buendia, depending on where you're going) for the "turn around". Of course, that would probably result in double the time wasted.

Even if you, the person waiting on the platform, miss the MRT, you could easily get on the next one. Plus, if you really want to "sugod" the efflux of people, you could probably get jabbed or stepped on. And don't you dare scream or complain when that happens to you. You should have seen it coming. It's like scolding an incoming wave that you forcibly approached for drenching you head-to-toe.

So please, next time, make like the Red Sea, and separate (that sounded weird). I mean, stand on the sides of the door of the MRT and keep the space directly in front of the door opening clear. Let the everyone exit, before entering the vehicle. Unless you hear the alarm sounding, there is no reason to panic.

Relax lang. Don't worry, don't curry, don't be in a hurry. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. So true. But so far, I haven't encountered anyone (entering the train while I was on my way out) who got angry if they got pushed by me. :P

    What's more frustrating are the people who block the effin door (when you're on your way out) from the inside for no apparent reason (obviously their destination is still far yet they do not want to move) and just won't budge no matter how loud you say excuse me. And when I push and shove them, they give you the evil eye, shout at you and/or would either push/pull just for the sake of getting even.

    And... there's also the middle part of the train-car where all four benches can only accomodate 5 people to sit comfortably (6 if 2-3 of those sitting are slim/thin). Then here comes this chubby/obese person and sits there (sitting on my thighs and even my phone!) and tries to squeeze themselves in as if they're sexy. But what's more irritating are people who point at a bench where there are already 5 people sitting (and obviously if there's a 6th person, it would cause discomfort to those already sitting) and tell the other person "that bench fits 6 people!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Those who stand near the door are soooooo annoying. I have a 2 station rule. Unless you're destination is 2 or less stations away from your source, then you have no reason to situate yourself in the most selfish and convenient position.

    that was going to be my etiquette II. I'll finish them this weekend. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless of course they're situated in a way that they make little to no obstruction at all to people entering and exiting the train. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete